Thursday, January 18, 2024

Four.One Years Old

 4.1 Years

  • Preschool is going really well. Having just the three of you girls have been easy and wants me to do more of the creative things with you since I don't have to worry about behavior. I hosted the halloween party. Your favorite activity was making a witch's potion. I set up this tray with different halloween theme science stuff including colored vinegars in potion bottles, baking soda, eyeballs, glitter, cauldrons to mix them with and bones to use as stir rods. It was a real hit and I love how you girls were laughing and ohhh-ing the whole time. 
  • We have had a lot of fun with Halloween. Deciding costumes has been a bit crazy with you because you keep changing your mind. I had to keep bringing you back to the idea of a unicorn princess. In the end, you hated wearing the hat, but oh well. Our friends the Zechmanns hosted a Halloween party. Each family was suppose to bring a haunted food. We made shepherd's pie and piped the mashed potatoes to look like the small intestines. The veggie tray has red coloring dripped over it like blood. You had a really hard time wanting to eat any of the haunted food. We also were able to go to the ward Trunk-o-treat. I brought our pears and gave them to each kid. We spent actually Halloween night in town. We started at the city's Trunk-o-treat and there was a hay ride. Nora started to go out with us house to house, but got too cold and bailed. I was surprised how well you handled the cold. When it was time to go, I couldn't find my keys. Both Dad and I retraced my steps, but no luck. The next day, we found them on the lawn of your friends house, which you thought was a miracle and reacted so well.
  • You wore the funniest outfit to church. It included crazy curly hair, two bows, a head band, lacey dress, pink tights, painted nails, and using a barbie dress as "gloves". Your sense of style is such your own. I try hard to guide you on wearing cute, matching outfits, but you will just change it to something your own. You are loving your "Chelsea boots" and ask me to wear mine so we can match. 
  • You and Millie are such best friends. I love seeing how much you two get along. Lately, you girls have been playing with dolls. The weather hasn't been too cold, so on one of our Sunday walks, Millie pushed hers in a doll stroller and you held on to Junie while riding your bike. The next time we went on a walk, you got the stroller, but after the up hill, you ditched it to the side of the road because it was too much work.
  • The Browns are the new family/doctor so we have been trying to introduce them to new things here. This year, the weather was beautiful, so we took them up the mountain to cut down a free Christmas tree. It was fun stomping through the mud (no snow). You really liked all the tiny trees so we ended up picking out little ones for each of your rooms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment